New Challenger Owner From Texas

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by LeeHutch, Jul 4, 2023.

1. LeeHutch

LeeHutch New Member

Hello Everyone,

I bought my first Challenger (and my first Dodge) about a month ago. It was sort of by accident. I went to the dealership intending to buy a RAM. However, they didn't have one that I liked. Then, the row of Challengers caught my eye. I'd never driven or even been inside one before, but I've low key wanted one ever since I saw that commercial with George Washington chasing redcoats on TV back in 2010.

My salesperson said I should take one for a test drive and see if I liked it. I was a little hesitant because I'm 6'4 and didn't think I would fit comfortably in one. Plus, I have a host of back problems which is the retired firefighters' curse. Little did I realize that I can put the seat so far back that I can stretch my legs out almost all the way. I actually fit better than I did in the Chevy Colorado that I was driving.

I picked a red SXT Blacktop. So nothing too fancy. I do a lot of driving and wanted the better fuel efficiency of the V6. But man! She looks and drives nice! This is the first car that I've owned that I just want to get in and drive for the fun of it.

This is the first sports car I have owned since my very first car, a 1986 Mustang, which I bought in 1994 when I was 16. Sports cars sure have changed since then!

Lee

Last edited: Jul 4, 2023
  2. Wm TPA SXT

Wm TPA SXT Full Access Member

Congratulations on the SXT love mine, when you get a chance please share some photos.

3. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

4. Niles

Niles Full Access Member

Let's see pictures! Please.

5. DodgeCares

DodgeCares Active Member

Hi Lee,

Congratulations on your new Challenger and welcome to the Dodge brotherhood! Please send us a private message if you have any questions or concerns, we would be happy to help!

Blair
    Dodge Cares