New GT owner

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by Xx_Hemi_xX, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Xx_Hemi_xX

Xx_Hemi_xX New Member

Just got my 17 GT AWD Challenger 3 weeks ago. Gotta say it's a sick ride. I know my name is Hemi and I'm not driving a Hemi but I live in Ohio and RWD just aint safe as a daily driver in the winter. When I read about the GT I knew it was in my future. I have loved the new Challengers since before their release. The GT made it happen. I understand the Demon might be AWD so I'll have to trade up on a couple years after I win the lottery.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy Well-Known Member Staff Member Administrator

Welcome to the forum! Lets see some pics!!

3. Climber

Climber Full Access Member

Welcome.....How about a road report if and when you get some snowpack on the roads around there. I would like to know how the AWD handles. The TV commercials are very good concerning the GT.

4. soonercruiser

soonercruiser Full Access Member

Welcome from Okieland!

5. Xx_Hemi_xX

Xx_Hemi_xX New Member

I traded in a 2010 Ford SHO AWD. It was pretty good in the snow. Good stopping and never had any concerns with getting stuck. The morning after I took the GT home it snowed a good amount, 3-4 inches. Compared to the SHO the GT is even better. I actually had a hard time getting the ABS to engage. Car is pretty heavy and you feel the weight. The ride is firm but comfortable. On the freeway its like riding on rails. The V6 has plenty of power for me. It's not as fast but pretty close to the SHO with the Eco boost. The gages have so many options it's mind boggling. The Alpine with Uconnect is amazing as well. Good thump for a factory system. So far I am very impressed.

6. spyhard

spyhard Full Access Member

Welcome from Indiana..

7. Jtanenbaum

Jtanenbaum New Member

Just got a Gt as well.....I actually own an old c3 vette but it's a seasonal car in the north east. Those interiors were just awful. So for the past 25 years I have leased audis or Lexus with awd. I always pined for a retro car with new tech and year round drivability. For the first time since I am in high school, I own an American muscle car as my daily driver. Compared to the Lexus I traded in, Fca has done an amazing job on the infotainment system. I am really impressed thus far. I dont go fast anymore so the power is penty for me. I love that people don't know it's awd. Can't wait to test it out next winter.

8. Xx_Hemi_xX

Xx_Hemi_xX New Member

Hi Jtanenbaum, you will love the GT in the snow. I was hoping for a bit more of a challenge but we only received 4-5" last time it snowed and the GT was a tank. Not a lot of advertising for the GT out there. Not surprising no one knows about the AWD. Very nice car right out the box.

9. Xx_Hemi_xX

Xx_Hemi_xX New Member

I will up a couple pics as soon as we get a couple days without rain.

10. chithead

chithead Full Access Member

Welcome to Challenger Forum dot Com!!!