New Here

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by Climber, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Climber

Climber Full Access Member

New to the forum but not new to the Challenger. I have a story to tell that I will post in the vintage 1st generation section regarding my '70 Challenger.

Five weeks ago we purchased a new 2016 R/T in Plum Crazy. The car had been sitting on a local Dodge lot most of the summer with no takers. The wife and I have been eyeballing this car for a while. The salesman said that the 6 speed manual was a turnoff to most buyers. I am sure that the auto tranny hooked up to the 5.7 Hemi is a fine choice for many buyers and I do respect ones' choices in the matter but for me I had to have the manual. IMO, this car without the manual tranny is like Roy Orbison with no sunglasses or Elvis with no sideburns. Again, my opinion, my choice. Your opinion may vary and I do respect differing opinions.

The car followed us home and is sitting in the garage. We are having some graphics put on the body and I will post some photos soon.

Glad to be here and am looking for some discussion with other owners.

2. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

Welcome to challengerforum and congratulations on your 2016 R/T.

3. dC.mx

dC.mx Full Access Member

Welcome to the forums..

Yea well you can enjoy more driving and feel the car when you press pedal to the metal and shift gears :)

Good luck with your challenger :)

4. spyhard

spyhard Full Access Member

Love to see the pics of you new ride. Welcome!