New prospective owner to the forum, looking for some help/advice

Discussion in 'Prospective Challenger Owners Forum' started by gostro, Mar 24, 2013.

1. gostro

gostro Full Access Member

Ok thanks JMD... From what I saw somewhere over @ challenge talk.com, it looks like the last day to order a 2013 is April 23rd or 24th... That would put me about mid June if I waited till then... I've contacted two different dealers, however, inquiring about it and they both said they wouldn't push it past June, so I'm still not 100% sure on a cutoff date...

2. gostro

Hey JMD, I wrote back to you but apparently something is wrong and it didn't go through. I found somewhere on challengertalk.com, another forum I had been browsing for info, that the supposed cutoff date to order any challenger for 2013 is April 23rd or 24th... one of those two. However, I've talked to two different dealerships and both advise waiting no longer than June, so I'm still not sure on a cutoff date. If you or anyone knows, please let me know.

3. gostro

Oh boy, I'm having troubles here with the forum... Messages not going through, then going through... Now, it looks as though they're all gone even though I only deleted a couple. Sorry for any redundancy, but I'm going to copy and paste my most recent message and let it fly -

Hey JMD, I wrote back to you but apparently something is wrong and it didn't go through. I found somewhere on challengertalk.com, another forum I had been browsing for info, that the supposed cutoff date to order any challenger for 2013 is April 23rd or 24th... one of those two. However, I've talked to two different dealerships and both advise waiting no longer than June, so I'm still not sure on a cutoff date. If you or anyone knows, please let me know.

4. jonmandude

jonmandude Full Access Member

I would go by what is said on CT before I would trust a dealer. It has been proven time and time again that the insider info on CT is pretty accurate. When the PCP was announced on CT last year dealers knew nothing. I was even in contact with people at Chrysler who said straight out that there was no plans for a second run of PCP. Yet here we are, they are being produced as we chat.

The first run on PCP was reported as late-November thru February. Generally the limited color runs go for about 2 months, so end of April would be accurate.

FYI, I would not expect instant responses on forums. Often people, like myself, pop in and out.

5. gostro

Thanks JMD! I'll go with late April then, if I decide to order! As a side note/explanation of my posts earlier - I didn't expect any instant response, for the record. I grew up with chat rooms and message boards, so I'm no stranger to how they work. I was having strange issues with replying to you on the board. Messages were not going through, then all went through at once... I tried deleting and still they were there. Got some weird errors in trying to post, as well. Not sure what was up!

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Well-Known Member Staff Member Administrator

Where you getting any type of errors gostro?

7. gostro

Shaggy I got some error the other night, can't remember the specifics... Something to the effect that things were down. I refreshed the page and my posts didn't show. So, I posted again a couple of times... Still didn't go through. Refreshed again and all three posts were gone. Posted new, and then all of them were there lol... Not exactly sure what was up! I could've been having a shoddy connection as well... I was posting from my cell phone...

8. Shaggy

Let me know if it happens again.

9. gostro

Will do buddy! Thanks for looking out! It's nice to know this is a well-moderated forum! I'm enjoying it for sure!

10. Shaggy

Glad you like it so far! I hope to see what you end up doing. Keep us posted for sure!