New prospective owner to the forum, looking for some help/advice

Discussion in 'Prospective Challenger Owners Forum' started by gostro, Mar 24, 2013.

1. gostro

gostro Full Access Member

Thanks shaggy I certainly will! I appreciate everyone's advice!

2. jonmandude

jonmandude Full Access Member

FYI, on another forum, someone made a comment that April 8th may be the last day for ordering PCP, as that is the start date for ordering Hemi Orange.

If true, this would be the last week to order for 2013.

3. gostro

Damn... Well I'm definitely gonna be waiting, then. Just gonna have to wait it out, see what the dealers get on the lots and go from there... Although what you said earlier still holds true I'm sure - there will be plenty hanging around on the lots for a while. I'm sure I'll find the right one at the right time. And if the other rumors about PCP are true, perhaps carrying on into 2014 MY, then perhaps I'll have to hang in for the 6.2 Hellcat. Either way, I'm going to have time to save some down payment money.

4. Daily Driver

Daily Driver Member

Greg - good luck with your search. Don't discount looking at left over 2012's - there are some out there that can be had at nice discounts. Last time I looked they were giving $3,000 factory money plus what ever the dealer will give off.

I have a friend who has been waiting to get a Challenger and waiting for all the stars to align, sometimes you just have to pull the trigger.

I have seen on the Dodge website a 2012 RT Classic like mine for example discounted $7500 with incentives and rebates ! There are some deals out there. I'd imagine if you want an SRT there has to be some great deals on 2012 left overs too !

If the discounts are big enough it might beat waiting. At any rate, hope you get in a Challenger at some point. I'd bet you'll like it.

5. gostro

Hey daily driver thanks man for the advice! I really want an SRT in plum crazy. I wanted to order one, but the cash for a down payment just isn't happening right now. Hopefully I can swing one that's on the lot by the end of the summer, but we'll see. It's just difficult timing haha - I just bought a house, which is great - but it makes getting a challenger slightly more difficult than it was six months ago. :) I'll keep you all posted. My dream car is coming, the timing just has to be right!

6. jaredthegeek

jaredthegeek New Member

Amazing deals

I could wait another year but I have found a deal on an RT like you mention, $7500 off the vehicle. I could wait or I could just go for it and have fun. I won't be able to afford the SRT next year probably and I know the 8 speed is coming out but those won't be nearly as cheap.