New Tires for my SRT

Discussion in 'Challenger Wheels, Tires and Brakes Forum' started by SRT-Tom, Mar 25, 2018.

1. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

I will be replacing my Goodyear RS-A all-season tires with the new American-made, Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 Ultra High Performance All Season tires. They are highly rated and are relatively inexpensive for such a quality tire. Their wear/performance rating is excellent at 500 AAA. As a bonus, Cooper is offering a $100 rebate on 4 tires, from April 1 to May 31, 2018. You can't beat this deal. I will be ordering two 245/45-20s for the front and two 275/40-20s for the rear, for that "old school" staggered tire look.

Tire Rack has them for $650.42 less $100 rebate= $550.42 (plus shipping).

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...RatingsReviews

I will also be replacing my 9 year-old TPMS sensors since they are long past their serviceable life (about 5 years or 100,000 miles).

Many TPMS sensors available require special programming, with a diagnostic tool like a StarScan or Bartec, to work with your car. Shops, typically charge about $3-5 per sensor for this service.

However, I discovered that Redi-sensors, made by VDO, are pre-programmed and only require relearning. Once all of the tires are properly inflated, all you have to do is to drive your Challenger for at least 10 minutes, while maintaining speed above 15 mph, in order for the system to learn the new sensor IDs. Can anything be more simple?

The best price ($29) for these sensors can be found at:

https://www.blazenauto.com/store/8a...10004A_REDI_Sensor_43392_MHz_TPMS_Sensor.html

Daniel McAdoo likes this.
  2. Wizard of Iz

Wizard of Iz Full Access Member

I had Coopers on my 2011 R/T and was very pleased. WAY better than the Generals they replaced.

They were so good on my Challenger that I put a Cooper Touring model on the ‘13 Charger R/T we had when it was time to replace the disappointing Michelin’s that came from the factory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. IntimidatorRT

IntimidatorRT Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator

i run Firestone Indy 500 on mine, on my second set, last ones went close to 35,000 miles great traction dry or wet.

4. BlackPearl

BlackPearl Member

How does the Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 compare to the Good Year Eagle 1 tires? I just bought this 2010 RT and it only needs 1 tire, the price for this 1 tire is about 195. Now I am trying to decide if I want to get 4 new of a better brand or just buy the 1. I am looking for good everyday all season tires. She is my daily driver and you never know what kind of weather we will get here in Oklahoma.

5. Wizard of Iz

Wizard of Iz Full Access Member

The last Goodyear’s that I ran were the Eagle F1’s that came on my ‘11 R/T. They were okay. Just no longevity.

The Cooper’s were surprisingly good blend of performance, traction, and tread life.

Nito’s are better drag strip tires if that’s your plan

BlackPearl likes this.
  6. SRT-Tom

The Goodyear Eagle F1 are summer tires. Because of this,they will have better warm weather traction than the excellent Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 all season tires. However, you will not get the long tread life or ability to drive in sub 40 degree weather with the Goodyears. Also, they will be a lot more expensive.

Moparisto likes this.
  7. BlackPearl

BlackPearl Member

Thank you for posting the info on the tires!
    I have ordered 2 of the Coopers for the back. At the end of summer I’ll get the other 2!

8. tony25

tony25 New Member

You guys might want to consider Toyo Tires' Proxes 4 Plus. I recently ordered a set for my
    2010 Dodge Challenger R/T. It's really worth the money with the quiet ride and excellent braking/handling that it provides on my daily drive.

9. SRT-Tom

Here are four informative videos of the Cooper G1 tires:

10. SRT-Tom

Moparisto likes this.