New to the brotherhood

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Discussions' started by Josh, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Josh

Josh Active Member

Hey guys,

I just wanted to introduce myself and ask your opinions on something. I just bought my first Challenger in March. 2018 SXT. This is not the one I will be getting. I was going to buy an 18 R/T TA but my credit has a bit on it and I would have had to sell my motorcycle to finance it which I would not do. Lol. The owner of the Dodge dealer asked me to pay on this one for a year then he will put me in the TA in 19. I have to say though even though its only the 3.6 this Challenger has made me fall head over heels in love with it. Its an AMAZING ride.

My question is for the R/T next year. I'm getting my mod list together and I wanted to know what you guts that have had them for a while recommend? I want a very low bassy tone and drone is not an issue. I actually kind of like the drone opposed to many people. Im used to it from my motorcycle I think. Thanks for the feedback in advance guys.

Also heres a picture of my current love. Haha

20180316_192419.jpg

2. Waylav2018TA

Waylav2018TA Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your new ride.
    Are you leasing this one for a year, or did you purchase it?
    If you bought it, you stand to lose a lot if you trade it in just a year. But that’s your business, lol.
    As for mods on a new T/A...it’s kinda up to the individual. I own a 2018 T/A...and personally, other than splash guards and ceramic coating for paint protectin, I think it’s perfect!
    If you want more noise and drone... the cheapest way is do a resonator delete instead of a new exhaust system. The T/A already has a awesome sound already with the active exhaust.
    Good luck in what ever you decide.

3. ZEN357

ZEN357 Full Access Member

Very nice ride!!! You will lose alot on a trade though and will probably be upside down on the lone for at least 3 years.

4. Josh

Josh Active Member

My Dad is realky goid friends with the owner. Its not a lease but he is only using it as a credit builder. He said next year he will take it back and give me everything Ive made payment wise towards the R/T. Well except for the small upgrades I've made. The window tint and muffler swap. I wouldnt have agreed to it if I was getting book value back.

But I agree the 392 sounds great stock but Ive heard videos of it stock vs the Borla Atak system and I think it sounds much better.

5. Josh

Josh Active Member

Thanks man. I have an arrangement set up with the owner on the take back though. Im getting everything I have in it towards the R/T.