New to the Forum - R/T from NC!

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by chithead, Jul 22, 2016.

1. chithead

chithead Full Access Member

Hello Challenger Forum dot com! Happy to finally be a member here. Received an email from RamForum.com asking for new members over here. Was farily active over there years ago with our 2010 Ram R/T, but family life put a regular cab truck out of the picture. Have always wanted a new Challenger, ever since seeing the concept. Unfortunately it just never quite worked out. Even after getting married, setting things up to where it could be a possibility, the wife admits she just isn't a fan of them. Gah, heartbreaker right there. Well we just happened to be in a position to acquire the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited she's been wanting, which led to us needing another car for myself to drive. After she swiftly turned down the Charger as an option, I asked what would be a possibility. She pointed to a 2016 Challenger R/T Plus, Bright White with the Blacktop Package. Surprised, I thought she didn't like them? She said no, she doesn't, but there is something about that car. Brought her and the Jeep home that afternoon. and here she is:

[​IMG]

After a quick wash two mornings later (found a few bits of pollen on the hood):

[​IMG]

Am LOVING everything about her so far. First steps are probably upgrade the audio. Has the 6-speaker Alpine setup, but that needs to go quickly as possible. Anyone who remembers me from RamForum knows I'm a huge audio geek. Will probably do a few minor upgrades from there to the exhaust, suspension, and under the hood. Then hopefully get a bit crazy later on :roflsquared:

Super excited to now be a participant here!!!

2. chithead

Another view of her, laying out the signal and speaker wires for the upcoming audio build:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can barely see our 1988 Ram W250 there in the background, here's a better view of our Mopar family:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Well-Known Member Staff Member Administrator

Nice Challenger. I always have liked the white with black wheels. Welcome to the forum.

You get the RF email about this place. ;)

4. chithead

Yes! Thank you for that email. Wouldn't have even known to sign up if not for that.

And I agree, there is something about white with a darker color wheel. Our Ram R/T, we added the 22" gunmetal SRT-10 wheels. Always received compliments about that combo.

5. Shaggy

Where's your ram in your pic(or are you talking about the older ram)?

6. chithead

Oh sorry about that! The red W250 in the pictures is a recent acquisition. Backstory, grandfather in law bought that truck many many years ago to haul watermelons and firewood. She had a rough life, but a good one. Very well maintained, just the bed has taken it's toll of damage. After he passed, she sat for a bit, and became the red headed step child (no offense intended to anyone). We graciously accepted her with the chance to bring that big beauty back to some form of glory.

The Ram R/T was my pride and joy for a while. She was an internet star for sure, OE Wheels had her on their site, any place on eBay selling hash stripes used our photos, think Bully Dog had her too, can't remember on that one exactly. But she saw a sad fate once our son was born. Had to trade her on a four door family car. Well, the deal was, four door family car, with better fuel mileage... that's where the WRX come in :D

This was our Ram R/T:

[​IMG]

22x10" SRT-10 replica wheels, sporting 305/45R22 Falken Ziex, went with a Bully Dog tuner first, then a DiabloSport Predator, cut one coil off the rear springs to level her out, Sonnax Line Booster to help her bark the tires on those 1st-2nd gear shifts, then countless audio installs.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  7. Wizard of Iz

Wizard of Iz Full Access Member

That's a good looking family

8. Shaggy

So what's the plans for the older dodge? Full restore of just get the bed fixed up?

9. chithead

Heh, probably just a restoration for now. Can't afford to do a whole lot at this point. Would love to see a prerunner setup, but being a 3/4 ton 4wd, she's screaming trail recovery rig. Or zombie escape vehicle :D

10. Shaggy

Can't pre-run that type of truck. I like the trail recovery rig idea.