Newbie! Looking at a 2018 R/T Plus

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by Walker17, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Walker17

Walker17 New Member

Hi! I'm new to the group and am doing my homework before I purchase a 2018 R/T. For the last 18 years I've been driving SUVs and now that my kiddos are finally getting older and off to college, it's time for me to purchase a car that I really want to drive! I grew-up driving a Thunderbird Turbo Coupe and then a Camaro. i just test drove a new SS but I didn't like the low visibility. I definitely like the Challenger more and it just looks so tough.

Dodge has a rebate going on right now, but I was wondering how much room there really is to get dealers to come off their sticker price?? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

2. Waylav2018TA

Waylav2018TA Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.
    Download the Truecar app.
    It saved me over 5 grand in my recent purchase.

Walker17 likes this.
  3. Walker17

Walker17 New Member

Thank you! I will download and see what it says!
    Excited to be here and learn some new things. Hopefully be able to contribute one day. =)

4. Waylav2018TA

Waylav2018TA Well-Known Member

When you decide on the one you want and get it...garanteed you love it
    Post pics when you get one.

Walker17 likes this.
  5. ZEN357

ZEN357 Full Access Member

I bought a left over 2016 R/T Plus Blacktop Edition in April of 2017. It stickered for 38,000. They came down to $33,000. Then I traded my Ram in on it and got $12,000 on the trade. I also told them I could get it financed for 2.99% at my credit union and they came back with 2.86% from a bank in California. They have room to deal if you find a dealership that will work with you. I opted for the extended warranty and the undercoating, paint protection and scotchguarding. Dealerships make money on the warranty, undercoating, and financing. They really don't make any money on the actual sale of the car which is why the car industry is in such poor shape.

Walker17 likes this.