Not many Mopars at GA car show July 3

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by NC20RT, Jul 3, 2021.

1. NC20RT

NC20RT Full Access Member

Interesting that the number of Mopars varies so greatly at different shows. I was the only Challenger.
    There were 125 cars at the Dahlonega GA car show yesterday with minimal Mopar entrees. It almost seemed 1/4 were Corvettes this time. Here are some photos I took as we somehow parked together. The Charger won a nice trophy.

DSC07801.JPG DSC07796.JPG DSC07797.JPG DSC07799.JPG

Wizard of Iz likes this.
  2. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

Mopars have always been in the minority in most car shows. You should go to the Carlisle Chrysler Nationals (July 9-11) to see thousands of cool Mopars.

NC20RT likes this.
  3. B5blueRT

B5blueRT Full Access Member

As a side note, watch out for those show cards, either setting one up or parking next to a car with one. If not secured properly they can blow over into the car next to it when the wind kicks up. Worst I've seen were light scratches but still something to think about when you park.

NC20RT likes this.
  4. Wizard of Iz

Wizard of Iz Full Access Member

Your car always looks good.

I need to move up there - at least for the summer months - and help you represent the Brotherhood of Muscle.

NC20RT likes this.
  5. NC20RT

I imagine it is a blast, as are all the various car shows up there, and in Hershey as well. Summer is just too hot for me now (and I spent most of my life in FL) to be outside all day, never mind the expense.
    I've even cut back on my beloved petroliana shows a bit. I still attend but I can't spend 3 days wandering the Charlotte Auto Fair like I used to do. Hershey is worse as it's even bigger!
    My big car event in Florida used to be attending the Daytona Turkey Rod Run at the speedway. I started going in the 1980's and attended on/off until we moved to NC in 2002.

6. NC20RT

:waytogo: Always a good reminder, especially those flimsy ones. Not much wind yesterday. I have seen some nasty incidents :jawdrop: over the decades of attending shows.
    Sometimes the organizers don't even allow them at some of the better 'points' shows. I always remember one in Atlanta (a Porsche event) that prohibited all signs except for windshield type. I only have those type myself just because of the very reasons you stated.

7. NC20RT

Thanks so much! Rural western NC and north GA aren't for everyone but you know the area well. Too many folks think of this area still as, "if you hear banjo music, row faster". :rofl:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
    Wizard of Iz likes this.
  8. 2017 Redline HC

2017 Redline HC 2021 Durango RT

And umbrellas!! They can do major damage when the wind picks up

9. IG0R

IG0R Member

I wish I'd known about this show. I would have participated !

10. NC20RT

It's held every 4th of July weekend. I've been wanting to attend for a few years now and finally did. It was always something, from rain to other plans popping up.