P2096 Fault Code

Discussion in 'Challenger Mechanical Problems Forum | TSB's' started by 2017 Redline HC, Apr 12, 2020.

1. 2017 Redline HC

2017 Redline HC 2021 Durango RT

I have recently added a Diablo T2 tuner to my 2010 Challenger RT. I instantly started getting code faults related to the catalyst system. I tried both the canned 91 & 93 tune. I contacted Jay Greene to see what he thought. He confirmed what I was thinking that due to the mods on my car adjustments to the tune may be needed. I decided to get a Greene tune which I had been thinking about for a while.

I loaded the tune and went for a drive with no codes. After taking a couple of drives with no issue I assumed all was ok until yesterday. We went out in the morning which was very cool air temp, 7 deg Celsius, and not more then 2 minutes into the drive I had a fault come up. The code is P2096 which I have researched to find is related to exhaust bank 1 -O2 sensor before the cat.

Has anyone else had these issues? I am going to check wiring and look for exhaust leaks when I have time.
    Engine Mods
    BBK long tube headers
    BBK 85mm throttle body
    KnN CAI
    Edelbrock Victor II intake and fuel rails
    Blastin Bob’s resonator delete

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
  2. IntimidatorRT

IntimidatorRT Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator

You didn’t list what engine mods you have but I have a 2009 RT with headers , exhaust and 6.1 intake manifold. I have the trinity tuner also and run the 91 tune and have no issues or codes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. 2017 Redline HC

4. 70-426_10-SRT

70-426_10-SRT B&E body lover

About 100 miles after my 1st Diablo tune on my 2010 Challenger SRT I started getting code faults PCM:p0430=Cat System Efficiency below Threshold
    & PCM:p2098=Post Cat Fuel Trim System Lean.
    I tried 3 different tunes and it went away for awhile, then P0430 came back and stayed.
    After about a month (probably closer to two months) I finally took it in to the dealer.

They cleared the code and told me to go drive it.
    WTF, I already told them I did that.
    18 miles and the code came back.
    I took it back in and they replaced all 4- O2 Sensors.
    100 miles later, same code, and I have not been back because the only other Chrysler Shop is another 75 miles farther.
    Gas Mileage never changed, so I just live with the Engine Light and check code once a month.

I had not done ANY MOD's but the tune when this all started

5. 2017 Redline HC

I cleared all the codes and took it for another run with a new 1/2 tank top up. Didn’t get any codes this time. We’ll see how it goes.