Right on Schedule - St. Patrick's Day Oil Change

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Maintenance' started by Wizard of Iz, Mar 17, 2022.

1. Wizard of Iz

Wizard of Iz Full Access Member

It still feels a little crazy to change oil after only about 2,000 miles when the oil still has 72% of its life.

But, it has been six months since the last oil change ... and ... since I'm still under the Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) warranty for about eight more months ... I'll play along.

Only the good stuff for my Challenger SRT 392! Seven quarts of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0W-40 and this time a Wix oil filter. Normally I use the SRT-branded oil filter that was originally developed by Wix for the Viper, but it's been out of stock for a few months. I hear that the SRT 041 oil filters are just now starting to ship to dealers again but my six months were up.

I picked up the 6qt case from Amazon for $47.53 (plus tax) and the single quart from another Amazon seller for $8.92 for a total of $56.45 for the oil. And I picked up the Wix oil filter from Amazon as well for $15.09. I found the filter a little cheaper other places ... but I wanted to use some of my Amazon Prime points which made the filter "free."

Total for the oil change ... $71.54.

DD03B767-8B59-444B-B820-0E7EBDBDAC65.jpeg

B5blueRT likes this.