So how crazy is crazy?

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger Cleaning and Detailing Forum' started by MoparMadness, Jul 6, 2021.

1. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

I have Brembo brakes on my SRT and I usually wipe both the outside and inside of my forged aluminum wheels after each drive to remove the black brake dust.

I use a spray bottle with water, paper towels (inside) and microfiber towels (outside).

Tires 001.JPG

2. Joe Balke

Joe Balke Member

Meguiar's gets my vote. Hand's down.

I use a special application sponge for my tires...but mine came with a plastic holder. The sponges lasts 5 years, so no need to buy multiple. But, if you are cheap, goto your wife's kitchen and borrow the dish washing sponge. Trust me...she won't mind.

Also, I do use brake dust shields on my cars...I don't really care to show off the rotors or the pistons/cylinders, or the inside filth of the wheels. Not sure if they have them for these monster 20" wheels though. I was warned about how they would warp my rotors, and the brakes wouldn't last. But, after 150k miles on original rotors(which I mic'd every 20k), I can attest this was not the case for me. But then, I do not do road slaloms or 1/4 miles...often...legally.

upload_2022-7-16_15-29-45.png

3. Moparisto

Moparisto Full Access Member

The brake dust guards can allow you to have the stock Brembo pads and not have to clean your wheels once a day.