Some more drag race videos with a trans brake "fail", for good measure!

Discussion in 'Track Talk' started by gostro, Oct 18, 2021.

1. bobbymac

bobbymac Full Access Member

You for sure know your chit...I am 77 and have been down the track a few times... Most I am a street racer up to 60 mph... I take my foot off the peddle and the other car passes me. Good for them they think they think the race....

Plan on buying a trailer... No place to race on LI for a decade.. NIMBYS WON IN iSLIP AND HAMPTINS...
    You have given me alot of info on the 1320 . I thank you. I was joking about the A/C on going down the track.... Hope next year will be good... Have a friend 155 to drive it... What the hell save a few pounds... bobbymac

gostro likes this.
  2. gostro

gostro Full Access Member

Glad I could help, Bobby! I learned a hell of a lot from a guy and his son, that I met at mopar Nationals in Ohio this year. I had never been down the track before, never had a car like this. His dad has been drag racing for probably 40 years, they've got an old Cuda they race in super stock class that does wheel stands. They taught me everything. His son has a 2019 scat pack 1320. They ordered it from the factory and knew somebody, somehow, at chrysler that was able to stop the production line and have a shaker hood put on theirs. Which as you probably know, isn't an available option on the 1320. So, they've got a 1 of 1 from the factory.

I always loved watching racing, especially drag racing. They taught me everything and helped get me going. I wanted one of these cars for 14 years, since the day they came out. Always loved muscle cars and Chrysler, Dodges, in particular. Finally got mine and couldn't be having more of a blast! Taking it to get cleaned up good today and it's gonna be in the garage, covered for the winter. Which makes me more than a little sad, haha!

NC20RT and 70-426_10-SRT like this.
  3. NC20RT

NC20RT Full Access Member

^^^ I enjoy reading your drag racing posts and you are very helpful to others. I'm way past my racing days but I sure remember my younger years at the Desoto Speedway in Bradenton, FL back in the 70's. It was way out in the 'boonies' yet I imagine the area is totally different today. I had a 1971 Plymouth Sebring Plus with the 383. I cringe thinking about it today but it sure was fun, so thanks for the memories. :waytogo:

gostro likes this.
  4. gostro

Thank you! I'm glad you are enjoying them! I like to help where I can. It's nice to finally be a part of a cool car crowd. ;) More to come, next year. Bradenton, FL is on the NMCA tour list, I'd like to take it there one day. Absolutely love Florida. Thought about it for next year, but at 18 hours of drive time, in March, from my home in Indiana, I decided to skip it. I think that might be more of an "If I get a truck and a trailer someday" kind of adventure. :D At least I got a jump on next year, by scoring another set of tires for half price!

20211123_110334.jpg 20211123_110307.jpg

B5blueRT and NC20RT like this.
  5. bobbymac

bobbymac Full Access Member

Plan on burning up some tires???? LOL I like this one -- Its not the tires screeching its the road screaming.
    Keep your writing and pictures coming next season... bobbymac

gostro likes this.
  6. gostro

Will do, Bobby!