SRT-Sponsored NHRA Cars Get Hellcat Paint Scheme

Discussion in 'Challenger News, Articles and Media Reviews' started by SRT-Tom, Jul 16, 2020.

1. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

The Mopar Dodge/SRT sponsored race cars of Don Schumacher Racing (DSR) will feature a new look for this weekend’s NHRA Lucas Summernationals, in Indianapolis. This weekend’s race marks the second of two consecutive national events at Lucas Oil Raceway to restart the 2020 NHRA schedule after a four-month pause in competition.

Both the Funny Car of Matt Hagan and the Top Fuel Dragster of Leah Pruett will be sporting a new “SRT Hellcat Redeye” paint scheme to go along with the recent unveiling of the new 797 horsepower 2021 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Redeye.

“I’d like to say that I’m surprised how good it looks, but I’ve come to expect nothing but the remarkable from Dodge when it comes to showcasing their cars,” says Pruett. “They stand out on the racetrack and they stand out when it comes to how the cars look and how they perform. It makes me feel like when you’ve got a really nice dress and your dancing shoes on and you look hot-to-trot, then you go and have a good night out on the town. They’ve actually simplified that paint scheme into something that really pops with the chrome detail and that flat black is simple and refined. While I love my cool blue Mopar, this Redeye is spicy hot.”

The Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Redeye-themed paint schemes will remain on the two DSR entries through the next two scheduled NHRA events, including the Dodge Mile-High Nationals at Bandimere Speedway near Denver, Colorado, on Aug. 7th to 9th.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 70-426_10-SRT

70-426_10-SRT B&E body lover

Acceptable :)
    (but should have Castrol Sponsor)

3. IntimidatorRT

IntimidatorRT Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator

I believe Pennzoil is the preferred oil for Chrysler products

4. Katshot

Katshot Full Access Member

Not sure how relevant this is nowadays but back when I was in the business (80's and 90's) my oil test data wasn't very complimentary of Castrol. I used Pennzoil in our fleet and our test data over several years backed up my feelings that they sold a great product.

5. 70-426_10-SRT

70-426_10-SRT B&E body lover

Chrysler-Ford-Chevy
    Ginger-Maryann
    We ran Castrol in our Alcohol Dragster (Sponsor, so free :) )
    and have run in exclusively in my V10 Dodge 2500, My Wife 5.7 Jeep and my SRT.

If it's good enough for John. . . .

Ginger-Maryann.jpg

John_Force.jpg

B5blueRT likes this.
  6. Katshot

Katshot Full Access Member

Hate to say it but damn near any motor oil will work well for the few minutes the engine is running in a drag racer.