Tail of the Dragon - N. Carolina

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Discussions' started by tct577, Oct 9, 2017.

1. tct577

tct577 Member

BrianandChrissy likes this.
  2. Ccrew

Ccrew Member

I'd never take my Challenger there. My MX-5 is a different story. Challenger is simply too much of a porker. It's not a road where power is king, it's all about handling.

ScatPack392 likes this.
  3. B5Blue

B5Blue New Member

Motorcycle - yes. Been there many times. Challenger - no - I like my car too much!

4. steve37887

steve37887 Member

Usually go up and down a couple times a year, and as recently as Sunday. It's not bad as long as your not a jackass about it and try to run it as a road course. If your in the area though go and do the Cherohala Skyway. It's much more big girl friendly.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

tct577 likes this.
  5. DeVastator

DeVastator New Member

I’ve taken my motorcycle in the past a few times. I’ve had my challenger once. My challenger was under 1 year old when I took it up there. I came away with a huge appreciation for the way my car was designed. I never expected my “heavy” beast to whip around those switchbacks and corner like it did. I had my music on and a heated seat. But I felt like I was on my motorcycle again. Except I was warmer! My car was in a line of mustangs, cameros and corvettes. My challenger was chomping at that mustangs bumper the whole time. I was a proud challenger owner that day. DeVastor held his own and let me enjoy a road I used to think was best on a bike only.

F320A795-4C65-4B4E-BD8E-DFA566BADC62.jpeg

tct577 likes this.
  6. chithead

chithead Full Access Member

Haven't had the privilege yet. REALLY wanted to with our WRX, but could still be fun in the Challenger.