Tail of the Dragon time in the Challenger

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Discussions' started by NC20RT, Jun 17, 2021.

1. 68MOPAR

68MOPAR Full Access Member

Thanks. I did some research and decided against the Camaro. The Mustang is interesting in that it uses a dual intake system that prevents valve coking. Nice car, but I think I'll stick with MOPAR. My lady is the one who wants a convertible. I told her we'll get her a VW convertible and keep the Challenger. This way we both get what we want. Getting a 392 would be nice, but I think it's overkill as a daily driver. The 345 HEMI has power-o-plenty for street use.

[​IMG]

NC20RT likes this.
  2. Farmer Fran

Farmer Fran Full Access Member

The scat packs i have seen are running very low 12s.

3. 68MOPAR

68MOPAR Full Access Member

True. If I were 40 years younger and still into racing, I'd be on that 392. Well beyond that "look at what I got" phase, I tend to take a more conservative approach. One of my favorites was a '68 Coronet R/T that I owned back in the 1970's. It wasn't the fastest MOPAR on the block, but I just loved that car. For those who are after top speed by any means, I'd wait for the Challenger EV.

4. NC20RT

NC20RT Full Access Member

What's better than a Challenger on the TOTD?? How about two Challengers.
    Look at those grills. I forgot about going during late October or early November.

maxresdefault.jpg

5. Wizard of Iz

Wizard of Iz Full Access Member

I've only run The Dragon during late Spring or Summer.

Now that I'm semi-retired ... I need to plan a trip to run The Dragon and The Cherohala Skyway in the Fall.

Post up when y'all have a group going. I'd love to tag along.

6. NC20RT

NC20RT Full Access Member

^^^ We like doing that 'loop' too instead of running both ways on the Dragon. We've been having lunch lately in Vonore TN after the Dragon, and then grabbing some baked goods in Tellico Plains to enjoy at one of the pullouts on the Cherohala. It's a full day for sure.

Wizard of Iz likes this.