The 5.7s Plastic Intake Manifold Bolts Loosen Over Time

Discussion in 'Challenger R/T Engine & Performance Modifications' started by RyansRT, Aug 8, 2022.

1. RyansRT

RyansRT Active Member

Most everyone that had the aluminum intake manifold did not experience any of the bolts loosening, I would assume that is the same in your case?

2. Cloverdale

Cloverdale Full Access Member

That's quite an undertaking for a non professional (well done)! With the HP you can now turn off the MDS if yours is AT (I did and prefer it). Traction will be impossible if you haven't changed wheel/tire size (I'm on wide tire 22 in rears which require coil-overs).

3. RyansRT

RyansRT Active Member

Actually I'm getting great traction believe it or not with 275 width tires but they Are the Mickey Thompson ET Street S/S 275/40/20 Treadwear # 000. They only last about 10,000 miles on the street, but they are worth every penny, to me. :)

I was running wider tires but they did not hook like I needed them to do, but if yours are that's great! The wider tires seriously increase drive line resistance and strain on the entire setup from transmission to differential.

4. RyansRT

RyansRT Active Member

Back to the original topic if you are running the stock OEM intake manifold on a 5.7L or 6.4L, they loosen over time so check the bolts for loosening, and tighten them back to torque specs., for your year Challenger.