3.5L Theres GOT to be a way

Discussion in 'Challenger SE Engine and Performance Modifications' started by Philscuda, Aug 3, 2016.

1. B5blueRT

B5blueRT Full Access Member

I agree with SRT-Tom that the 3.6 was a much better performing engine. Guys that owned the Chargers and Magnums of years past with the 3.5 said the cars were dogs that couldn't get out of the own way.
    I have to question the 1/4 mile spec on the 3.6. Isn't that too quick for a stock setup? I think the 5.7's were in the low 14's.

2. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

Sorry. It should have read 14.8 sec.

3. Moparisto

Moparisto Full Access Member

I don't. I think the valve train layout and engineering has better high-RPM performance and tuning POTENTIAL.

The money they spent to fluff up the 3.6L is one of the main reasons it has more stated performance. What I think it has is a lower performance ceiling. The 3.5L was looking like a great place to start for high-RPM and turbocharging when they yanked the carpet out from under it for the inexeplicably mono-exhaust-port 3.6L designed, as are too many things these days, to exclude the tuners or hot rodders from touching the engine and deliver to Dodge a low-cost engine to get to a certain power level and NO FURTHER IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER, and to provide a steady revenue stream after warranty due to repairs, etc.

Zero percent of high-performance engines have monoports.

My concern isn't what the engine is like bone stock. In FACT, I WOULD have gotten a V6-powered Challenger on purpose and thus bought a NEW car IF it had the proper foundations to make it aster. Instead, I bought a used Hellcat, as they had discontinued the 3.5L, so they cut off their nose to spite their face, and the "3.6L aftermarket" is almost completely nonexistent.

What the evidently confused latest weirdos who own Mopar either hate with a blind passion (more likely) or are just too ensconced in their ivory towers of effete elitism to see is that many of us would rather buy a NEW car that has more "upward mobility" potential than a used car that's "already there."

I know most Hellcat owners are snobby, effete, moneyed dweebs who shriek and blubber if you disagree with them (from experience on their forums) and attack you en masse to get you banned, so Mopar has to cater to such oversensitive emotionally undeveloped, Little Lord Fauntleroys. But, the market for more-affordable and with-potential-to-greatly-upgrade cars is far greater than they care to realize.

There would be more buyers of new Challengers, including me, if they weren't so masturbatorily obsessed with neutering anything but the Top of The Line models in their rush to pander to childish Trust Fund Children or Boomerites and step on the faces of what has been the core market segment of much of Mopar's market share for decades.

The V6 COULD have been the next-generation small block, catering to those who couldn't get the top models new, but instead COULD get the lower-tier models new, quite affordably.

In this, along with many other things, Mopar is being intentionally scuttled.

By abandoning perfectly workable motor designs every five years or so, they are destroying tuner profitability and brand loyalty.

The same businessman who USED to be able to count on customers with a Hemi as his core business, NOW what can he do that Mopar has stabbed him the back, burnt his village and raped his family?

These people aren't stupid. They are intentionally hostile and mentally ill with their psychopathic hatred for anything male and American.