Tim Kuniskis Defends Dodge Going Electric

Discussion in 'Challenger News, Articles and Media Reviews' started by SRT-Tom, Oct 11, 2022.

1. baccaruda

baccaruda Full Access Member

our electric bill has doubled since last month, if every house hold had one of these Ev's what would the electric companies do? increase our electric bill more?

stingray likes this.
  2. 2009 Classic B5

2009 Classic B5 Full Access Member

California and other states already are mandating the new homes use electric power for heat and cooking increasing power demand. Adding EV's to the mix will increase load substantially and the grid is not capable of handling that additional load. There is always resistance to new power lines which are needed to move power from source to end use point, so that will be a challenge. And then the goal is to use wind and solar to replace conventional power. Wind and solar are variable power sources when constant baseload power is needed. This incompatibility of wind and solar with grid power needs will make it difficult to provide reliable power for all the proposed new needs for power.

stingray likes this.
  3. stingray

stingray Full Access Member

You be real smart not to buy a house in California.:facepalm::snoopfacepalm:

4. SFCR

SFCR Well-Known Member

I've spoken with a friend of mine who has access to the manufacturers. There are many issues involving the EV, but whether the manufacturer will admit it over the money is another issue. Stellantis keeps going down the rabbit hole with their crap and I'm working to file a legal claim against them. I was even contacted by their security office for trying to legally find a phone number for the company. I usually try to give the benefit-of-the-doubt, but that will never happen with Stellantis. Sure, they gave us some great muscle cars for the money, but that was only temporary. Now they have our money, support from them is nearly worthless. I've spoken with other Stellantis personnel and the comments are not good!

5. SFCR

SFCR Well-Known Member

You're so right...our power grids are not built for the load!

6. stingray

It's just exactly like a giant computer, once the company doesn't support the car/computer any longer you are stuck with an obsolete useless product that no one will want because there is no support to get service or parts.

SFCR likes this.
  7. 2009 Classic B5

2009 Classic B5 Full Access Member

There was a panel discussion at SEMA Education on Wednesday at 3:00 PM in Las Vegas where I discussed some of the many issues surrounding adoption of EV's as the only mode of transportation. It simply will not work for so many reasons. The session was not videotaped unfortunately, but I have other talks at SEMA Education that were. Last year I discussed how much new wind and solar power needs to be installed to provide renewable power to meet the needs of the projected EV population. The new renewable power instillations will paint the country in wind farms and solar fields. Now that will be environmental disaster. It will make any projected global warming issue look trivial in comparison.

8. B5blueRT

B5blueRT Full Access Member

Here's all we need - transportation via overhead cable, just like in the 50's and early 60's. (I know, it doesn't fix the grid problem, but you don't have to worry about batteries..) Stick a contact pole out the top of your car and you're good to go!
    [​IMG]

HellKitten and stingray like this.
  9. stingray

I remember buses like those. Even the gasoline powered ones in the 60's and they were very quiet with no smoke.

10. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

We all know that electric cars are fast. I wonder what the 0-60 mph and 1/4 mile times are for this trolly?

B5blueRT likes this.