Tire downsize

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Maintenance' started by BunnyMom, Apr 30, 2022.

1. B5blueRT

B5blueRT Full Access Member

Wow.
    Moparisto, thank you for demonstrating your abilities in putting people down. Making assumptions on others' comments can be incorrect, like your rant on pro-touring assuming I like that style. I don't like pro-touring, never have, never will.

And your comment "you buddies may try to turn this into a victory..." Really? This forum is for sharing ideas, not blasting other members. There's a cordial way to voice disagreement, I hope I don't have to explain this like I'm dealing with adolescence.

You are clearly the winner poster here and seem very well educated on all things you want to discuss. (Yes, I'm making an assumption.) Enjoy your summer!

SRT-Tom likes this.
  2. Moparisto

Moparisto Full Access Member

I'm not putting anyone down, YOU are by leaping to the assumption that I was putting anyone down. I was observing what looked like yet another gang-stalk by some people on the internet spoiling for a keyboard war.

I despise what Hot Rod magazine has become, and how utterly detached from the Hot Rod roots they have become. Hot Rods were no-front-fender cars that were light, fast, cheap and fun. Now anything to do with Hot Rod has become top-heavy with celebrities braying on their Youtube channels about how cool they are for being involved in it. No, they are not cool. No, they are not relevant. No, they are NOT masculine, or accepted, or in any way part of the club that counts people who have lived and breathed cars all their lives as members.

Hot Rod magazine and its ilk are as attached to hot rodding as the average politician is to the streets of their constituency.

And I also think Pro Touring is an idiotic peacock strut for rich imbeciles who don't have the faintest idea how cars actually work to strut their wallets, fanning the money out like a peacock's tail. It's the "I have a few Ferraris already so decided to slum it with American Hot Rods, too so I will be part of the Kewl Scene and seem relevant." set.

Hot Rod magazine is an execrable abomination marketed at rich twits who A) got rich, B) then somehow thought American cars were one of the many, many, many, expensive cars they should collect. Hot Rod magazine and its effete moneyed dweebs are irrelevant.

Chauncy Snotnose and his latest whatevermobile hold no interest for me whatsoever, any more than the latest ultra-expensive receptacle of his carnal attentions is, whether it be male, female, human, or otherwise.