To those looking, NEVER settle. It's a mistake.

Discussion in 'Prospective Challenger Owners Forum' started by NC20RT, Jan 15, 2021.

1. NC20RT

NC20RT Full Access Member

To anyone looking to buy used or new, I just want to offer some advice from an older guy that has been enjoying muscle cars for many decades. Of course this is my opinion and others may feel different as many scenarios exist, both financially and otherwise.
    I have heard and seen far too many examples of owners buying cars that they 'settled' for instead of getting what they truly wanted. Wait and be patient as one will show up. If you want a large Hemi vs the small, get it! The "I wish I got that instead" will just ruin the ownership experience. From colors to options, follow your dream. There are too many out there to settle for a 'wrong' color or your tranny or engine choice. The same can be applied for mileage if looking at used cars. if you want a one owner low mileage garage kept example, don't settle for the 3 or 4 owner high mileage car left out in the elements. You will be disappointed even if it has most of the features you want.

Following my own advice I was going to order a new Challenger back in November. Just for grins i looked at new car sales on-line just in case my car existed already. I wanted Go Mango with the 5.7 Hemi and the Shaker option. Already not likely. I also wanted the black R/T stripes to break up the almost overpowering orange color. Upgraded suspension and the plus package as well. OK, time to hit the dealer to order my car.

Nope, it turned out to be unnecessary as MY car was sitting at a dealership in Georgia. The only thing not on my order list was the red Brembo brakes. Certainly not a deal killer, as I liked them anyway, it just added $$$$. I really enjoy my new ride and there is no 'wishing' I got this or that.

Your car is out there. I wish everyone the best in their search and I hope I added a little assistance to your thinking process. Too much money is involved to get something you are settling for.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2021
  2. Katshot

Katshot Full Access Member

But...you settled for the base brakes, right?

3. B5blueRT

B5blueRT Full Access Member

The R/T Plus comes with the upgraded High Performance Brakes - BR6P.
    And remember the Brembos can cause vibration issues just like on Corvettes. :);)

4. 70-426_10-SRT

70-426_10-SRT B&E body lover

Never had a issue of vibration
    Of course I have only tested it up to 2.5x the speed limit :)

5. Katshot

I have zero complaints about my Brembos. And I have given them some severe tests.:D

6. 2017 Redline HC

2017 Redline HC 2021 Durango RT

The only issue I’ve had with the Brembos is the brake dust from their pads. Since installing new Powerstop pads that issue is gone. I've used them to try emergency stops at high speed with no complaints.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2021
  7. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

Same here. No vibration problem with the Brembo brakes on my 2009 SRT.

8. NC20RT

NC20RT Full Access Member

I may have worded that wrong. The car included the red Brembo brakes. I like them.

9. Wizard of Iz

Wizard of Iz Full Access Member

I completely agree ... and have given that same advice to friends looking fora new/used car.

My current car is exactly what I was looking for at the time ... though I would have been equally happy with Go Mango and/or an automatic transmission.

Now, I'm on a no timeline search for my next Challenger. It will be a '19 Challenger R/T, Shaker, Granite, R/T stripe, Sunroof, and Leather ... with all packages except cold weather. And it will be a very, very low mileage car. It's out there and at the right moment, it'll find me.

NC20RT and B5blueRT like this.
  10. Katshot

Trying to match your Durango?:D