Tuner or pedal commander

Discussion in 'Challenger SE Engine and Performance Modifications' started by Mike15, May 12, 2021.

1. Mike15

Mike15 Member

I have 400.00 to spend what is your thoughts on what would be the best to buy

2. 2017 Redline HC

2017 Redline HC 2021 Durango RT

If you aren’t planning on doing mods to the car I would go with the Pedal Commander. If you’re going to do mods you may want a tuner.

3. Cloverdale

Cloverdale Full Access Member

I bought HP Tuner cause there was a supercharger tune on my Challenger of unknown origin and only the HP at that point was capable of reading it (amazing technology to my rescue). I desperately wanted to disable MDS and plan to change diff ratio. I read that Diablosport can now be used on multiple vehicles as can HP. And your's may be locked which requires further investigation / consideration, where mine was not.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
  4. HellKitten

HellKitten Full Access Member

A tune will cost you around $1000, but you will have about a extra 40hp/tq at the wheels plus your throttle will be much better. I did this to my 2020 Challenger GT 3.6. The guys in TX emailed me a tune file. The $1000 is for HP tuners and credits plus the unlocked service and the tuners files. 93 octane..