Uconnect...

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Discussions' started by LEGENDARY70, Mar 3, 2022.

1. LEGENDARY70

LEGENDARY70 Full Access Member

Hello all.

Wondering if anyone has had this issue.

My unconnect radio on my 2010 SRT8 started to restart itself over and over non-stop. Wont load anymore. Disconncected the negative terminal and nothing. Any ideas?

Also. Switched out the thermostat but i still get the code everynow and then. ideas?

thx all

2. Angelaodeth

Angelaodeth Member

There is a class action lawsuit going on about this. I have a 2017 GT and, since Day One of my lease, the dealer refused to deal with it. UConnect says to update.

What I have experienced:

- blue screen of death when using backup camera

- map turning off and on, rapidly and then also changing stations and from broadcast to SiriusXM

- Occasional reboot loop

- Top of screen has started to bubble

Im actually looking into getting out of the lease at this point. I do love the car but the high insurance rate in NY is more than my lease payment (I extended and was going to buy at the end this year) per month and this issue is distracting at best.

3. SFCR

SFCR Full Access Member

I have no connection with this firm, but they are working to on a couple of Class Action law suits against UConnect. I am also talking with them.
    Contact Us - The Miller Law Firm - Leaders in Complex Dispute Resolution (millerlawpc.com)

Angelaodeth and Wizard of Iz like this.
  4. Angelaodeth

Angelaodeth Member

Thank you. I have been trying to get this fixed since A few weeks after getting the car and kept getting the former service mgr pushing me off to UConnect then UConnect telling me to “do an update” all this time. It’s would not deal with or fix it. Even if I ho back to buying it from the lease company, I am not paying for this. I almost crashed on the parkway into a state road work truck last week when the radio blasted out of nowhere then the interface was going bonkers. My dealer (new service manager) is waiving the diagnostic fee next week and will recommend a replacement to UConnect but they won’t tell me if they are covering it.

5. Angelaodeth

Angelaodeth Member

Update: my dealership convinced UConnect to replace the unit at no charge due to all the issues I’ve had since Day One of the lease that former owners of the dealership and management refused to address.

A month and a half later, camera is intermittently unavailable. Emails to my case manager bounce, and she no longer has a voicemail. Also, the person I did speak with said do the update from 2019!

I now have to bring it to the dealer again and take off time from work as they refuse to do this on a Saturday (they advertise loaners but they will all tell you they don’t really have them). Also I have a call in to make sure they waive the diagnostic fee. I really wish I could get out of these lease without them bleeding me dry.