Vintage audio, what?

Discussion in 'Hobby Forum' started by FrankenMax, Aug 24, 2017.

1. FrankenMax

FrankenMax Full Access Member

I’ve been upgrading and rebuilding speakers since this Covid crap. My neighbor’s son 15, has been itching to listen to my stereo. He lets my dog out while I’m at work. He came over last week with a fist full of records. I cleaned a few and taught him how to clean them his self. He learned what vinyl is supposed to sound like. He was told the popping was just the sound of records. I cringe at that mindset. I recently rebuilt a set of kenwood 6 way 15” speakers, I couldn’t possibly be happier with how they turned out. They flat out stomp my Cerwin- Vega VS120s. The audio quality of the Kenwood KL-777 is phenomenal. They where completely junk when I got them. I spent hours re-soldering the crossovers and replacing capacitors. I also did a brake job for another neighbors nephew and was given a Kenwood GE-1100 equalizer. Worth way more than my labor but definitely a needed upgrade.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NC20RT and Bacon Sandwich like this.
  2. NC20RT

NC20RT Full Access Member

^^^ Very impressive. Quite an enjoyable skill to possess.

3. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

I have a vintage Pioneer SX-780 stereo receiver, from the late 1970s, with large floor mounted speakers. I love the sound.