Window indexing noise

Discussion in 'Challenger Mechanical Problems Forum | TSB's' started by F8 GT, Nov 23, 2021.

1. F8 GT

F8 GT Member

I've recently been getting some sort of noise when closing either door while the window is indexing up. After experimenting with it, it only makes the sound when the climate system is on and the engine is either running or in the "run" position, though it seems like when it first started, I heard it when I just got in the car and closed the door. But for now,the HVAC fan needs to be on, and the higher the fan speed, the louder the noise coming from the door. If I turn the HVAC off, no noise at all. It happens on both doors. The indexing function is operating normally, I'm just getting some kind of noise at the door when the HVAC fan is on and I close either door. Any ideas as to what might be going on? Thanks

2. SomewhereinTexas

SomewhereinTexas Member

Positive pressurization when the blower is running and the air is forced out through the window as it's closing.Try an experiment and open the window and leave it open and see if the noise goes away.

3. F8 GT

F8 GT Member

It doesn't make the noise with the window open. Only when the HVAC fan is on (even at lowest fan setting)and the window is indexing up. I sure didn't notice it when the car was new. Do all of them do this?

4. SomewhereinTexas

SomewhereinTexas Member

I've been in 4 of them now and all do the same thing!

F8 GT and NC20RT like this.
  5. F8 GT

F8 GT Member

Yep. Yesterday I was able to go to a dealer and compare a new Scat Pack's window indexing to mine. It made the exact same noise under the same circumstances. That's all I needed to find out. Case closed. Appreciate the responses!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021