Window reset/calibration

Discussion in 'Challenger Mechanical Problems Forum | TSB's' started by The Country Toad, Feb 12, 2022.

1. The Country Toad

The Country Toad Member

Hello all! Another prob creeping up... I've got a '12 Challenger r/t and recently discovered the driver window isn't returning to the "full up" or closed position when I close the door. I've tried to do all the research and coins a couple of tube vids involving holding the window button in the up position while closing the door in hopes of recalibrating. And an method as well of lowering the window and holding for 5sec after it bottoms... Raising it up to the closed position and holding for 5sec as well. Neither seem to work.
    I wanted to check here before I started taking off the door panel.
    Think it might be a door handle sensor or the sensor on the motor in the door? It is there a different way to reset or recalibrate?

Thanks all!
    Brad

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2022
  2. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

Did you follow these steps exactly?

CLEAR/DENORMALIZE

1. Check and repair any door module Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC)(s) before proceeding.
    2. Using a scan tool, under the Miscellaneous functions menu select (Denormalize Window/Reset ECU), and follow the directions to clear/denormalize the door module memory. To relearn/normalize the door module memory, perform the following procedure:

NOTE: The battery must be fully charged or the vehicle running before proceeding.

1. If needed, place the vehicle battery on charge or have the engine running.
    (NOTE: Both doors must be completely closed before proceeding)

2. Sit in the driver seat and close the door.

3. To relearn/normalize the door module, start by raising the door glass to the full-up position by pulling up on the window switch and holding the switch until the door glass is fully closed. Continue to hold the window switch up for two seconds after the door glass is full closed.

4. Lower the door glass to the full-down position by pushing down (depress) the window switch to its second detent and hold the switch until the door glass is fully open. Continue to hold the window switch down for two seconds after the door glass is fully open.

5. Check the operation of the smart-glass. Verify that the door glass drops approximately 1/4 inch when the door opens, and raises when door closes. If window does not drop or raise, repeat procedure starting at Step #3.

6. Check the operation of the express-down feature.

7. If the smart-glass does not work, repeat the procedure starting at Step #3, waiting for three seconds after the window stops.

8. Recheck and repair any door module DTCs as needed.

Might try going full down, then disconnect the negative battery cable for 5 minutes. Reconnect and try the re-learn again.

3. The Country Toad

The Country Toad Member

Ty sir!!!! The codes are the only thing I haven't checked.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk