Newbee from AZ with 2016 RT 168K miles, 6 speed black on black on..well you know..black

azmusclecar

New Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2026
Posts
3
Reaction score
1
Points
3
Location
arizona
I picked up this 3 owner 168K black RT and brought it home. I'm 75 years young. I wanted to stay in the Muscle Car Genre...but can't afford the ones from my youth. I need A/C, of course in Arizona, and cruise, as there is a lot of interstate here. The paint was flat. Mechanically it doesn't look or sound like it has that many miles. I already removed the OEM stock shifter and replaced it with a very low mileage stock shifter. I didn't want to invest $500-600 into this ride. I tried to bring the paint back, and it was a labor of love, and it still has it's flaws but it's good enough for me. I'm a member of two other Challenger Forums. Thanks for the welcome.rt3.jpgrt2.jpgrt1.jpg
 
Welcome to the forum. Nice looking Challenger. You did a good job restoring the paint.

Out of curiosity, what do you mean that you replaced the OEM shifter for a stock shifter? Was there something wrong with the OEM?
 
I replaced the OEM stock shifter due to it's sloppiness. It was like a broom handle in a metal bucket. So I purchased a slightly used stock shifter that was removed so the owner could install a Barton. Having really no use for the stock shifter he sold it to me and now the shifter goes back to feeling like stock again. No it's NOT a Barton, but it sure makes it easier finding the gates rowing through the gears.

I did not want to install a Barton due to the cost and limited usefulness I'll receive from that investment. I wanted to use the saved $400-500 for other added safety, performance and comfort features.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
8,661
Posts
45,937
Members
4,571
Latest member
azmusclecar
Back
Top