Hood seal/weather stripping

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Discussions' started by Nawalins, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Auto Motive

Auto Motive Member

2. Auto Motive

Auto Motive Member

It's included. My 2012 challenger 392 had the exact problem with only 50 miles. It's very flimsy so take care when washing. Same problem on my wife's Kia otima.

3. Chops

Chops Active Member

Sorry I'm chiming in late on this one. I've been in the same boat as everyone else with this. I saw that the hood seal needed to be replaced when I bought my '14 R/T back in Aug 2018 (the rubber was separating from the plastic on both ends), but it didn't bother me much b/c I can take care of jobs like that myself. I easily found the Mopar OEM hood seal, plastic blind/pop rivet tool, & plastic rivets on Amazon. Hood seal I bought from mymoparparts.com for $66 & change, & I forget what I paid for the tool & rivets, but I remember that the cost was reasonable.
    Good suggestion about Harbor Freight. I haven't bought anything from them before, but I really need to check them out.
    Very disappointing to hear that this part may need to be replaced every few years or so. I mean, of course everything wears out eventually, & plastic & rubber degrade over time, but - C'mon, Chrysler...:mad: Can't say that I'm surprised though - yet another example of the ever-diminishing quality of manufactured goods.

4. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

5. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer